Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Luigi Gets a Taste of Julia Child

So ValleyGirl sayzza she going to show me how to make French Lasagna. I sayzza "But Imma not French, I amma Italian!" She sayzza its one of her favorite dishes her momma use to make. (Ah to be a cat!)









She heat the noodles. She sayzza she brings water to boil then turns it off THEN add noodles. Thissa way they dont over cook.











Then she get all the ingredients prepped and in assembly line. Thissa lasagna is made with chicken, spinach, asparagus, broccoli and mushrooms.





She makea the white onion sauce. She saves time buy buying rotissary chicken and using the bones to make a stock. Then the stock goes into the white onion sauce.





She makea the roux. 3 T of melted butter then mixa inna the flour till it bubbles.











She uses a wooden spoon for this process.





When the mixture starts to bubble she adda the hot chicken stock, cream and onions and beats with a wire whisk till thick.


















Then she assembles the lasagna.





I weara my pink ribbon in honor of my sick friend.





Almost ready to cook and take to friend.










I think she willa like.





Ciao for now! Luigi putting together his photos of Scottsdale!

































No comments:

Post a Comment